How do colors affect us? Introduction
Colors have a profound effect on us at all levels—physical, mental, and emotional.
Therapists, interior designers, artists, stylists, and many more have long held that colors can significantly affect feelings, moods, and emotions.
In fact, the use of colors is so common, in a wide range of fields.
Countless studies have been conducted on the relationship between color, particularly in the areas of marketing and branding.
Here are some of the findings:
- Color influences 85% of the shoppers’ purchase decisions.
- About 62‐90% of the product assessment is based on colors alone.
- Colors increase brand awareness by 80%.
Corporations use colors in their logos to summon different emotions in consumers. For example;
- Fanta uses orange to encourage a feeling of fun and confidence
- Apple uses grey to encourage a feeling of modern and neutral
- Greenpeace uses green to encourage a feeling of growth and health
Several ancient cultures, including the Egyptians and Chinese, practiced the use of colors to heal, today it’s still used as a holistic or alternative treatment.
This method is called Chromotherapy.
you can read more about The colors effect in the following articles:
Neutral Colors https://www.purabyal.com/2021/10/06/how-the-colors-affect-us-neutral-colors/
About the author
 A Critical Analysis of Chromotherapy and Its Scientific Evolution https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1297510/