How do colors affect us? Introduction
Colors have a profound effect on us at all levels—physical, mental and emotional.
Therapists, interior designers, artists, stylists and many more have long held that color can significantly affect feelings, moods, and emotions.
In fact, the use of colors is so common, in a wide range of fields.
Countless studies have been conducted on the relationship between color, particularly in the areas of marketing and branding.
Here are some of the findings:
- Color influences 85% of shoppers’ purchase decisions.
- About 62‐90% of the product assessment is based on colors alone.
- Colors increase brand awareness by 80%.
Corporations use colors in their logos to summon different emotions in consumers. For example;
- Fanta uses orange to encourage a feeling of fun and confidence
- Apple uses grey to encourage a feeling of modern and neutral
- Greenpeace uses green to encourage a feeling of growth and health
Several ancient cultures, including the Egyptians and Chinese, practiced use of colors to heal, today it’s still used as a holistic or alternative treatment.
This method called Chromotherapy.
The following articles will be:
About the author
 A Critical Analysis of Chromotherapy and Its Scientific Evolution https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1297510/